Sunday, March 20, 2016

Pancakes



This is my son Michael and his girlfriend Jacquelyn's second cooking adventure.  The brownies were first and they were so good.  I had Michael double the recipe and make them for my small wine tasting party.  That is how I celebrated my birthday with Mike's family.  I will blog about the wine tasting later.

Ingredients

1 cup uncooked rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 banana mashed
**different variations**
1.  add 1/4 mini or regular chocolate chips
2.  add 1 teaspoon cinnamon and and 1/4 cup raisins
3.  add 1/3 cup blueberries in place of banana and replace vanilla with lemon or orange extract.

Place oats in a blender and blend until texture looks like flour.  Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together with a hand mixer or stand.  Fold the wet ingredients into the dry.  Heat the griddle on medium high.  Make sure the griddle is hot before you pour the pancake mix on the griddle.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages