Sunday, March 20, 2016

Chocolate Chop Cookies

                                  Recipe adapted from The Big Green Bowl

Chocolate Chip Cookies
A Picture can say a thousand words and boy this picture told me to make these cookies a.s.a.p.   Now everyone knows I love Toll House and thought they were the best.  After trying this recipe I have decided to add it to my TOP 10 favorites.  This cookie is delicious and I think I need to make both and do a blind taste test.  It is too hard.  The only thing I changed is I reduced the granulated sugar a little, it was a little sweet for me.
I also made changes to the Nestle's recipe, I used half shortening and half butter and I add 1/4 cup more Flour.  I like the texture better after those changes.


Preheat 375-F degree's  
  Makes 48 Cookies

Ingredients
2/3 cup vegetable shortening
2/3 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
8 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
1/2 seasonal colored M&M's
Beat together shortening, butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix flour, soda and salt with a whisk. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Stir in the m&m's, nuts and chips.
Cookie shapes


 photo d7a31eda-2b0e-4b51-b577-a3e57bcbdcff_zpstte74hhj.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages