Sunday, March 20, 2016

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Famous Legweak's Monster Cookies
I am not sure if people know how much I love Chocolate Chip Cookies~but I DO!  Just check out my cookie section.  Most the recipes are chocolate chip or any cookie with that texture and consistency.   I love homemade chocolate chip cookies so much but I have been known to buy cookies from McDonald's.  I am sure McDonald's cookies are probably Pillsbury or Nestle toll house...I could be wrong.  Anyways, I was thrilled when my friend Karyn gave me her husbands famous cookies for my birthday.  Picture above!  I think it was packaged so cute and the cookies were so delicious.  I had to share the recipe and will make them soon.  When I do, I will take pictures.   

In a stand mixer blend:
1  1/2 cups salted butter - (softened)
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar -(packed)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1 Tblsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tblsp molasses OR corn syrup
1 Tblsp canola oil

Mix until well blended (about 2-3 mins on low-med speed)

In a separate bowl mix:
2 3/4 cups AP flour
1 3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Whisk until blended then, slowly add to blended wet ingredients in stand mixer on low-med speed.
Fold in:
3 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans or both)

Chill mixture for 30 mins

Preheat oven to 350 and bake cookies on parchment paper lined baking sheets for 15 mins or until tops just start to turn golden brown and cracks begin to show. (don't over bake). For large cookies go 6 to a sheet (about 1 1/2 ounce balls).

Let stand for 5mins before removing from baking sheet to cooling rack.

Cookie shapes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages