- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts - I didn’t have walnuts so I used pecans
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat into shortening mixture until smooth. Stir in oats, dried cranberries and walnuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown.
I felt the right thing to do since I had doubled the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe along with these, was to share! So, it is Back to School Night today and the boys teacher’s will get a nice little Sweet Treat.