Friday, March 25, 2016

Mulled Wine Cider

Recipe Adapted by Barefoot Contessa

Katie did it again!!!!  I love everything she makes but this drink surprised me.   I didn't think I would like this drink because I am not a fan of apple cider.  But I was wrong...I love this drink and can't wait until Christmas.  I am making it for the family.   I can't wait to impress everybody. 
Ingredients

4 cups apple cider
1 (750-ml) bottle red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
1/4 cup honey
2 cinnamon sticks
1 orange, zested and juiced
4 whole cloves
3 star anise
4 oranges, peeled, for garnish
1/4  Cup Grand Marnier

Directions
Combine the cider, wine, honey, cinnamon sticks, zest, juice, cloves and star anise in a large saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Pour into mugs, add an orange peel to each and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages