Halloween in right around the corner and a lot of you will be carving pumpkins. Here is a great Pumpkin Seed recipe to try.
2 cups raw pumpkin seeds5 tablespoons sugar (divided)
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- On foil lined cookie sheet (I fold up all four sides of foil to form a lip so they don't slide off), spread out seeds in a single layer.
- Toast in oven for 45-50 minutes, stirring several times until seeds are dry & starting to brown.
- When seeds are toasted, melt butter in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add seeds & 2 Tablespoons of the sugar. Stir until sugar is melted. About 1 minute.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the remaining 3 Tablespoons of sugar with the salt & pumpkin pie spice.
- Add pumpkin seeds from skillet to mixing bowl & stir until coated