Sunday, October 9, 2016

Fruit Smoothie


                                                   

I went to Dutch Brothers this summer and fell in love with their Strawberry Peach Smoothie.  I asked them if they put milk in them and they said, " no,"  they use juice.  I had never thought to put juice in the smoothies I make at home.  I decided to give it a try...love it!
Ingredients
1/8 cup blueberries
3/4 cup peaches
3/4 strawberries
2 small bananas
1 cup mango peach juice
optional           
1/4 cup pineapple                                                       
1/4 cup mango
some kale

I use fresh and frozen fruit.  I usually buy a lot of bananas at a time...if I have bananas that are starting to turn brown I slice them into 1 inch slices and freeze them.  I buy a lot of frozen peaches, strawberries, pineapple, mango's and blueberries.  I usually put all the frozen fruit in the Bullet and wait about 5 minutes to defrost a little.  You don't have to but I notice our Bullet was having to really work hard with all the frozen fruit. 
If most your fruit is fresh then you don't have to wait 5 minutes.
***I don't really eat a lot of blueberries but I found that when I left them out of the smoothie it didn't taste as good.  You can make any changes you like...more juice or your favorite fruit.
 See below that we are using the Bullet now.
We started making so many smoothies that we needed an easier way to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages